Deputy County Counsel I, II, & III - Juvenile Dependency
$8,299 - $12,748/Monthly*
In this exciting role, you will provide legal counsel to and advise the Human Services Department's Family, Youth, and Children's Services (FYC) Division regarding dependency cases. The successful candidate will regularly:
• Draft legal documents such as memoranda, briefs, writs, and appeals
• Appear in court on review calendars and contested hearing calendars
• Participate in settlement conferences
• Work collaboratively with other members of the juvenile dependency team
• Study and apply new case law, statutory law, and legislative changes
• Attend trainings, and in turn, may train other attorneys and FYC personnel in the juvenile dependency area of law
In addition, the Deputy County Counsel may assist with other work performed by attorneys in the Health and Human Services Practice Group, and assist with County Counsel's other areas of responsibility.
IMPORTANT: The position will be filled at the I, II, or III level. If you are interested in applying at the I, II, and/or III level, you will need to apply to the separate, concurrent recruitment being conducted for those classifications.
*Salary is negotiable and benefits described herein do not represent a contract and may be changed without notice. For more information, including minimum qualifications, & to apply, visit, www.yourpath2sonomacounty.org or call 707-565-2331. EOE Apply by 10/6/20