|Local government intern||$25|
|Student members of a student chapter||Complimentary|
Join a Student Chapter
If you are a member of an ICMA student chapter, then you may receive a free one year membership to ICMA. Individuals who work full-time for a local government, non-profit, or the private sector are not eligible for student membership.
These featured benefits are included with an ICMA membership:
|Products & Services||Price|
|Attendance to the ICMA Annual Conference & Regional Conferences||Complimentary|
|Receive unlimited 1-on-1 coaching with ICMA CoachConnect||Included|
|Participate in member only online discussions with ICMA Connect||Included|
|Receive a digital subscription to PM Magazine||Included|
How to Join or Renew
Complete your online application to join ICMA. In most cases, your online membership application will be processed within moments so that you can begin enjoying member benefits immediately.
If you have any problems using the online application, please refresh the cache of your browser.
Processing of memberships by mail typically take up to two to three weeks to establish.
- Downloadable the membership application (PDF)
- Mail application and check to:
P.O. Box 79403, Baltimore, MD 21279-0403
Do you have questions about membership with ICMA?
Other membership information
- Membership will not be established without dues payment in full.
- All payments must be made in U.S. currency.
- Purchase orders are not considered payment. ICMA recognizes that many employers require a signed purchase order to process payment. Send purchase orders to ICMA for signature.
- Membership may not be transferred from one person to another. ICMA is a professional association and ICMA membership belongs to the individual, not the employer.
- ICMA will not provide a dues refund if a member leaves current employment; membership travels with the individual to his or her next position.