JOB TITLE: Content Engagement Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Outreach Team Leader
TEAMS: Outreach Team
The Content Engagement Coordinator supports the organization by managing the ICMA editorial calendar and creating compelling content for the website, blog, e-newsletters, social media channels, and other electronic communications designed to grow our channels. The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding that titles, descriptions, and imagery are an important requirement to having a quality website and digital communications.
The Content Engagement Coordinator works with all teams across the organization to maintain and refresh existing content on ICMA.org. This position is also responsible for engaging members through the Local Gov Life podcast and ICMA Connect.
This position works within a Content Management System and will oversee content optimization, execute routine content audits, and gather content success and insights from Google Analytics reporting. This role will enforce web governance compliance and will create weekly and monthly content calendaring.
MAJOR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
• Building and executing a content strategy for the ICMA Blog, which includes managing an editorial calendar, project management and ongoing optimization.
• Growing the ICMA Blog subscriber database through marketing campaigns.
• Researching local government and related organization websites, newsletters, press releases and publications to identify recently released resources and the latest developments in the field of local government.
• Utilizing research to develop online content through blog posts, newsletter articles, briefing reports, and presentations. Produces content to support and further Outreach strategies.
• Developing or sourcing longer content pieces for PM Magazine.
• Developing new ways to increase online engagement and identifying content development improvements.
• Developing social media posts for the various ICMA outlets to promote recently added online content and developments in the field of local government.
• Conceptualizing content and managing the ICMA Local Gov Life podcast distribution.
• Staying up to date on the latest trends and best practices in local government and sharing information with internal teams and regularly updating online resources to reflect these trends and best practices.
• Establishing frequent contact and relationships with local government professionals to increase participation in the content development and assist in local government research efforts.
Focusing on outreach opportunities to engage users in adding online content by writing blog posts, answering Research & Content Development questions, and uploading documents.
Other Website Content Management
• Monitoring engagement within the ICMA Connect groups.
• Manage Document Library: Review submissions and check republication rights from source, relevancy to our Members, and validity (ie. Source).
• Manage topic pages on the ICMA.org website.
• Respond to questions via ICMA Connect, researching responses as needed.
• Structuring and tagging content for search engine optimization to increase website functionality.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
Education and Experience
Bachelor's Degree in English, journalism, communications, public administration/affairs, or marketing.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Three years of experience in web content, program coordination, and/or marketing.
• Superior writing and editing ability
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing.
• Knowledge of social media marketing and site management.
• Knowledge and experience with Drupal or other Content Management Systems for websites.
• Strong interest in web-based communications and knowledge of web editing skills.
• Strong organizational skills, initiative, creativity, and resourcefulness.
• Demonstrated passion for creating a best-in-class user experience and have a desire to develop creative ideas, concepts, and new ways of doing things.
• Knowledge of and proficiency with Google Analytics, NetForum or other customer/association management system.
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment, managing and cultivating relationships with a variety of teams and partners.
• Demonstrated organizational, interpersonal, priority-setting, and problem-solving skills; high degree of initiative.
• Preferred experience in local government and/or knowledge of local government management issues
• Repetitive movement of hands and fingers – typing and/or writing.
• Occasional standing, walking, stooping, kneeling or crouching.
• Reach with hands and arms.
This job description should not be interpreted as all inclusive. It is intended to identify the major responsibilities and requirements of this job. The incumbent may be required to perform job-related responsibilities and tasks other than those stated in the description, but which are commensurate with similar levels of responsibility.