The Town of South Berwick is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Town Manager. South Berwick is a town in southern Maine, bordering NH, with a population of 7500, steeped in history, and voted nationally as “one of the best places to raise children.” South Berwick operates with a town council/manager form of government.
• Serve at the will of the Town Council subject to the South Berwick Town Charter
• Administrative head of all town operations
• Prepare and administer budget annually
• Act as appointed Treasurer, Tax Collector, Road Commissioner/ Public Works Director, and Agent for the Overseers of the Poor.
• See that all laws and ordinances governing the town are faithfully administered
• Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Public Administration or Business Administration, or commensurate work experience in leadership or managerial position(s)
• Proven longevity in previous positions
• Minimum of 4 years as a town, city, or county manager/administrator in a town council/manager local government
• Certification, or the ability to be certified by the Maine Town and City organization, is preferred
• Strong financial and planning skills
• Strong communication skills
• Ability to deal with ambiguity
• Desire to promote an open, collaborative, team environment
Salary and Benefits are commensurate with experience and proven abilities.
Additional Information is available, upon request, to firstname.lastname@example.org or 207-384-3015
Resumes must be received by 4:00 p.m. on Monday, December 14, 2020 addressed to:
Attention: Town Manager Search
Town of South Berwick
180 Main Street
South Berwick, ME 03908
Additional information can be found at southberwickmaine.org