New Castle County, Delaware, the largest county in the First State, is seeking a driven and flexible leader as Economic Development Director. Under the general direction of the Chief Administrative Officer, the Economic Development Director serves as a central point of contact for businesses of all sizes seeking to locate to or expand in New Castle County. The Economic Development Director collaborates with members of the senior administration team and other government agencies and partners on opportunities to revitalize the local economy amidst impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelor’s Degree in related field required; graduate degree preferred. Considerable experience in Economic Development or a related field.
• Collaborate closely with the Delaware Prosperity Partnership, Delaware Division of Small Business, State and Local Chambers of Commerce, Municipal and Business leaders to promote New Castle County and respond to companies interested in locating or expanding in the county.
• Develop relationships with and respond to inquiries from site selectors considering New Castle County
• Support businesses of all sizes looking to locate or expand a business in NCC by sharing relevant County Land Use information and State program opportunities
• Foster an ecosystem for entrepreneurship by coordinating the County’s support for entrepreneurship competitions and business incubator opportunities
• Coordinate with relevant County departments in responding to diverse requests from the business community
• Identify and execute opportunities to enhance equity in economic opportunities in the county
• Create programs and collaborate to grow economic opportunity in underserved communities and among under-represented populations.
• Plan for the future of the New Castle County Airport by managing an RFP process and coordinating with relevant stakeholders
• Coordinate with County Council Members on business development opportunities in their districts
• Manage the Community Development Grant program of the County Executive’s office