The dynamic community of Sedona seeks an experienced, collaborative, service oriented professional for our next Community Development Director.
The Community Development Director oversees staff over the following divisions: long-range planning, current planning, development review, development services, code enforcement, building safety and affordable housing. This position reports to the City Manager or the Deputy City Manager and is responsible for planning, directing, managing and overseeing the activities and operations of the Community Development Department. The Director also provides highly responsible and complex administrative support to the City Manager, City Council and appointed public bodies, and coordinates assigned activities with other City departments and outside agencies.
The City of Sedona offers a competitive benefit package that includes:
• Arizona State Retirement System with matching employer contributions
• 100% City-paid health, dental, and vision coverage for employee
• Substantial contributions to health, dental and vision coverage for dependents
• HSA health plans available with generous City allowances provided
• City provided $50,000 group term life insurance
• Deferred compensation plans – Optional IRS 457 plans
• Vehicle stipend up to $250/month
• 96 hours of PTO time
• 110 hours of vacation accrual during first three years
• Eleven paid holidays
• Wellness programs
• Short-term disability
• Cell phone stipend