Create, communicate and innovate as the Village of Glencoe’s new Community Engagement Analyst.
The Village is seeking its first ever Community Engagement Analyst, a newly-restructured position in the Village Manager’s Office that oversees the Village’s public communications function, champions and models exceptional customer service, analyzes customer satisfaction data and works on or leads various special projects.
Who we are: Our team is made up of people with diverse backgrounds and experience and we share a common goal – providing the very best services to the Glencoe community.
What we do: Our vision – shared by the Village Board and staff – is to make Glencoe the community that people choose to live, work and do business, by providing innovative, responsive, high-quality public services in an environmentally and fiscally sustainable manner. Each member of our team contributes to achieving this vision! We place our customers’ needs first, we strive to be leaders and innovators, and we believe in always looking for ways to improve.
What the job is: Simply put, the Community Engagement Analyst is a creative communicator with an analytical mind and the drive to provide the highest level of service possible to the community.
The Community Engagement Analyst is a critical part of the Village’s team, acting as a key communicator and spokesperson, customer service champion and analyst. The Village is seeking someone who can continue growing and improving our multi-channel communication and engagement strategy. When recently surveyed, approximately 80% of Village residents were satisfied or very satisfied with our bi-weekly e-mail news and our website and nearly 60% of our residents are satisfied or very satisfied with our social media. As an organization committed to continuous improvement, we’re excited for the Community Engagement Analyst to continue to improve on this base, and to be innovative in implementing best and emerging community engagement practices to ensure that our residents continue to find our communications informative, easy to access and transparent
As part of a smaller organization with many exciting projects planned and underway, the Community Engagement Analyst won’t be limited to only working on communications – the Community Engagement Analyst will participate in and/or lead projects part of our strategic plan, coordinate special events and champion excellent customer service in the organization and analyze customer satisfaction levels.
This position requires an excellent communicator who is creative, analytical, innovative and shares the Village’s vision – if that’s you, apply today!
• Multi-Channel Communication – Plans, implements and manages the Village’s public communication function (including website, social media, electronic and hard copy communications); responsible for developing a regular internal employee communications program; administers graphic standards and style guide
• Media Relations – Cultivates and maintains strong working relationship with the media and acts as the primary Village spokesperson on non-Public Safety matters; coordinates and engages in crisis communication, responds to and/or supports after-hours emergencies by creating and disseminating public information and assisting with administrative tasks to support emergency operations as needed
• Creative Design – Boils down complex and technical topics into concise copy and creative graphics for Village publications; designs marketing materials for Village programs and events
• Special Events – Plans, coordinates and promotes Village-sponsored special events, acts as liaison to external organizations holding special events in the community
• Innovation and Process Improvement – Incorporates best and emerging practices in community engagement, gathering resident feedback and communication; promotes and leads continuous process improvement initiatives through business process review and redesign, researches best and emerging practices, recommends and implements process changes to improve quality of services and/or cost of services in a customer-centric manner
• Trainer and Leader – Facilitates periodic trainings on communication plan and standards, crisis communications, media relations and customer service
• Customer Service Champion – Provides and models exceptional customer service, routinely communicates customer service standards and leads customer service training among staff teams
• Analysis and Special Projects – Implements methods of measuring, analyzing and reporting on customer satisfaction; participates in and/or leads special projects and Strategic Plan initiatives
• Staff Liaison – Serves as staff liaison to volunteer boards/commissions as assigned; attends Village Board meetings
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in public administration, business administration, communication or a closely-related field; master’s degree strongly preferred
• 1-3 years of related experience
• Valid driver’s license
• Advanced proficiency in website and social media management (including legal requirements, accessibility standards, best and emerging practices) and strong knowledge of government-centric online engagement platforms
• Advanced proficiency in Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop or similar design software
• Strong research and analysis skills, including data analysis and ability to formulate recommendations with a strong focus on the best outcome for the community
• Ability to apply project management techniques and principles to manage multiple projects
• Proficiency in process evaluation practices and techniques, ability to lead change management initiatives
• Strong technology skills, Microsoft Office suite skills and desire to incorporate technology into business processes
Interpersonal and Communication
• Excellent communication skills, ability to adapt style to situation/audience, ability to explain complicated technical matters to individuals with or without technical knowledge, ability to speak extemporaneously (including responding to the media)
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build and maintain positive working relationships
• Outstanding customer service skills
• Good team member also capable of working independently
• Self-starter able to manage multiple projects and deadlines
• Emphasis on continuous improvement
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
• Occasional lifting/carrying up to 10-20 pounds (with or without reasonable accommodation)
• Frequent walking and standing (sometimes on uneven surfaces), talking, listening, and operating computer (with or without reasonable accommodation)
• Work is primarily performed in an office setting with occasional outdoor work (e.g. at special events, etc.)
• The Village is open to considering occasional telecommuting and/or flexible hours, if mutually beneficial to the Village and the employee
• Strong emphasis on workplace safety
Starting salary is $65,883 to $75,000 depending on qualifications. The salary range for the position is $65,883 to $88,942 and the Village offers great benefits, including Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund pension, health insurance, dental insurance, life insurance among others.
How to Apply
Please e-mail cover letter, resume, and application to email@example.com and reference Job ID 19-13 Community Engagement Analyst in the subject line of the e-mail. The position will remain open until filled and resumes will be reviewed upon receipt, with first formal resume review on or around December 11, 2019 - the Village would like to select a highly-qualified candidate soon.
Persons requiring reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act are asked to contact the Village Manager’s Office at (847) 835-4114. The Village of Glencoe is an Equal Opportunity Employer.