ICMA Member Benefit
The Affiliate Member Assistance Program (AMAP) was created in 2020 in response to COVID-19 and the economic impact on local governments. The program includes a dues waiver to Affiliate members working for a local government who experience a job loss during this economic crisis and a program to support these members remaining in the profession of professional local government management.
In order to qualify, members must be in good standing, working for a local government at the time of job loss, and not eligible for the Members in Transition program.
To enroll, email email@example.com.
- Complimentary Membership: Once enrolled in the Affiliate Member Assistance Program, your ICMA membership will be renewed at one (1) year at no cost to you.
- Complimentary, unlimited access to ICMA University webinars, that are priced at $149 for members.
- Free enrollment in The Emerging Leaders Development Program (ELDP), a two-year cohort program; designed to help early to mid-career professionals build knowledge, skills, and abilities in the basic management and technical topics that managers need to know to be successful. Through a unique format that blends monthly teleseminars with senior credentialed managers or public administration professors, ELDP minimizes your time away from work and maximizes your local government expertise. (spaces are limited)
- Discounted rate for the Local Government 101 program ($500 instead of $1499)
- Complimentary registration to the Annual Conference.
- ICMA Career Center
- ICMA JobCenter
- Join the CoachConnect cohort including support group, one on one coaching, and resume review.
- Join the ICMA Connect members only network
- Complimentary ICMA Coaching Program webinars
- Job Hunting Handbook
- Preparing for an Interview
Questions? Contact us.
Since ICMA membership belongs to the individual, not the local government, it is important for members to contact ICMA whenever there is a change in employment status. Reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 202-962-3680.