The City of St. Clair Shores is accepting applications for Patrol Officer with the intent of establishing eligibility to fill both current and future vacancies.
PLEASE INCLUDE COPIES OF THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS WITH YOUR APPLICATION OR IT WILL BE AUTOMATICALLY DISQUALIFIED:
1. Birth Certificate
2. Driver’s License
3. College Transcripts (A copy of your diploma is NOT acceptable)
4. MCOLES Certification
5. Letter from Police Academy indicating date of graduation (if applicable)
Applicants must meet the following requirements and provide the following documentation at the time of application:
1. Applicants must be citizens of the United States of America and be at least 21 years old.
2. Applicants must have a valid driver’s license.
3. Must have a minimum of 60 semester hours of college credits OR currently employed as a full time Michigan police officer with at least two years of experience.
4. Applicants should be certified by MCOLES or certifiable under MCOLES standards.
5. If not currently certified by MCOLES or “certifiable” under MCOLES standards:
a) Individuals may apply if currently enrolled in a MCOLES certified Police Academy or Police Certification Program. Any applicant who fails certification under this provision shall become ineligible.
b) Veterans of any branch of the United States Military who qualify for the MCOLES Military Police Basic Training Program are encouraged to apply. Any applicant who fails certification under this provision shall become ineligible.
c) Any applicant who applies under the provision of 5A or 5B of this posting must complete all academy training and successfully pass the state certification exam before potential employment.
6. The City of St. Clair Shores shall not consider any applications unless the following documents are supplied with the application: Copies of Applicant’s Driver’s License, Birth Certificate (or Naturalization Document), College Transcripts, and MCOLES Certification or letter from the Police Academy certifying enrollment and expected graduation date.
7. All Applicants must meet the criminal history requirements and background check requirements of the City of St. Clair Shores Police Department.
(Certification must be maintained throughout the term of the eligibility list)
A passing test score with EMPCO must be on file by application deadline date of Friday, February 12, 2021. Scheduling of testing is available at www.empco.net.