Department: Facilities Maintenance
FLSA Status: Exempt
Job Grade: 9
This position is responsible for directing and participating in the repair and maintenance of county buildings and facilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Supervises, directs and evaluates assigned staff, processing employee concerns and problems, directing work, counseling, disciplining and completing employee performance appraisals.
• Supervises Facilities activities and operations; organizes departmental workload; monitors status of work in progress and inspects completed work; monitors work safety factors to ensure crew safety.
• Directs and participates in general mechanical overhaul and repair work on all county facilities and related equipment to ensure the safe and correct operation of same, and other machinery or task as required.
• Oversee and assists with various maintenance work, which include HVAC and Electrical, Carpentry, Painting, Plumbing, installation of Flooring, and other related tasks.
• Supervises and performs routine and preventative maintenance on building and related equipment, which includes HVAC and Electrical components, checking progress on brick and mortar construction as needed, changing filters, replacing hoses, and other similar tasks.
• Develops and administers departmental budget; monitors expenditures and approves purchases and requisitions to ensure proper use of funds.
• Plans service schedules for all county owned facilities, prepares work orders, and orders necessary parts; makes emergency service calls for inoperative equipment.
• Tests machinery, equipment, and parts for proper operation; maintains building equipment service records, warranty records, and other related files.
• Prepares and/or receives various forms, monthly reports, preventative maintenance checklists or other documents; processes and forwards as appropriate.
• Develops and executes preventative maintenance plan for all county facilities and fixed assets on county property.
• Oversees lawn maintenance for all county property.
• Moves and relocates furniture and equipment within the county and assists with surplus, and is responsible for all facility inventory.
• Monitors and maintains inventory of materials and supplies; researches, analyzes, and purchases materials, parts, and services.
• Punctuality and attendance are essential.
• Performs other work as required or when directed by administration.
• In the event of an emergency, all Camden County employees are considered essential and may be required to perform alternate duties.
The above cited duties and responsibilities describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to the job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that an incumbent may be expected or asked to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties or responsibilities does not exclude them from the classification if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment for this classification. Other duties may be required and assigned.