Position Title: Senior Program Manager (SPM)
Primary Team: Global Programs
Supervisor: Project Director
Since 2003, ICMA has partnered with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (USEPA) to produce the National Brownfields Conference. The signature event for professionals focused on the redevelopment of formerly used commercial and industrial properties, the conference regularly attracts more than 2,000 attendees, 100 exhibitors, and includes an educational program of more than 100 sessions, site visits, plenaries, and special events. The Senior Program Manager will support ICMA’s National Brownfields Conference with content expertise and program management leadership.
• Oversee development of content for educational programming and special events at the National Brownfields Conference
• Coordinate the content and materials for outreach/marketing to attract registrants from diverse public, private, nonprofit, and academic audiences
• Coordinate participation of local planning team and national partners
• Assist ICMA and contractors with fundraising, sponsorship, and exhibitor recruitment support
• Support the onsite management of Brownfields 2021 in Oklahoma City and Brownfields 2022 (Fall of 2022, location TBD)
• Lead post event program evaluation process
• Provide subject matter expertise on city and regional planning, brownfields redevelopment, economic development, and other related topics by producing content and supporting ICMA members
• Support business development and bid and proposal activities for capturing federal, foundation, and corporate funding for new projects
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Master’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience preferred
• Experience in local government as a staff member or a consultant
• Professional experience and understanding of economic and brownfields development
• Prior experience coordinating and managing large conferences preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Exceptional skills in written and oral communication.
• Excellent organizational and planning skills
• Technical knowledge of economic development, city and regional planning and brownfields redevelopment
• A high level of proficiency in MS Office programs, particularly Excel and Word.
Repetitive movement of hands and fingers – typing and/or writing. Occasional standing, walking, stooping, kneeling or crouching. Reach with hands and arms.
This job description should not be interpreted as all inclusive. It is intended to identify the major responsibilities and requirements of this job. The incumbent may be required to perform job-related responsibilities and tasks other than those stated in the description, but which are commensurate with similar levels of responsibility.