Stroudsburg Borough, a thriving community (pop. 5,567; 1.7 square miles) located in Monroe County, Pennsylvania is looking for a professional manager to help the Borough bring about a vision for business development and continuing enhancement of community space to include greater walkability and clean and green initiatives.
As the county seat, Stroudsburg has a diverse population and a thriving downtown which attracts visitors to the eating, arts and entertainment venues. Nestled in the scenic Pocono Mountains and near the Delaware River, the area offers a variety of year-round recreational opportunities while located only 90 minutes from NYC and 2 hours from Philadelphia. Stroudsburg is a friendly, safe, affordable and progressive community with an excellent school system and nearby colleges.
The Borough is looking for a committed public servant, knowledgeable about local government who is open to new ways of doing things, interested in the ideas of others, skilled in collaborative leadership, comfortable with technology, and able to research, plan and follow through with the successful implementation of ideas.
The Borough is a member of a regional, three-municipality police department, a three-municipality recreation commission and is a partner in a regional wastewater treatment plant. The Borough has approximately 21 full-time employees, 3 part-time and temporary employees with an operating Budget of $6,500,000 (all funds).
The Borough Manager position requires the following:
• Extensive knowledge of public administration with particular reference to municipal administration,
• Master's Degree in Public Administration, Public Policy, or related field;
• Over five years of increasingly responsible municipal experience. Two years’ experience at the Assistant Borough Manager level or above.
• Grant writing experience.
• Experience working in a Union environment.
• Facility with managing teams and interacting with the public
Stroudsburg is prepared to offer a competitive salary and benefits package to the right candidate.