First review of applications week of February 1, 2021
This position provides a variety of professional-level technical and administrative support for the Town’s administrative departments, specifically the Town Manager’s Office, Finance, Human Resources and Innovation & Technology. By conducting research and analyzing complex issues using data, this incumbent will provide reports and recommendations pertaining to administrative systems, policies and practices. This position will assist with general budget preparation, while also creating financial reports that may include forecasting revenue and expenditures. Participates in performance and process improvement, while also drafting policy and reports for management teams and/or Town Council.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Work requires use of initiative and independent judgment while receiving occasional instruction or assistance as new or unique situations/projects arise.
• Uses analytical skills to perform research, benchmarking and resolve technical, operational, and procedural problems; collects and examines data to find areas to improve services, reduce expenses, and to increase efficiencies.
• Develops and drafts policies, reports and analyses for various departments and to Town Council.
• Assists in preparation of annual budget; financial, accounting and budgetary schedules; and tables and charts.
• Assists in tracking of department budgets, including making projections, monitoring budgets, and recommending budget amendments.
• Works with department directors to develop, track and evaluate performance measurement data while participating in the Town’s Peak Performance Initiative.
• Works within databases and spreadsheets, including performing data entry and retrieval as needed.
• Provides back-up support to administrative and customer service-related positions.
• Completes special projects with minimal oversight, subject to final review upon project completion.
• Delivers seamless customer service and recognizes the need for the professional handling of all matters as a representative of the Town Manager’s Office and the Town.
• Supports and upholds the Town’s stated mission and values.
• May supervise interns.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Regular and reliable attendance; works more than forty hours in a workweek without additional compensation to perform assigned job duties, including weekends, evenings, early morning hours, and holidays as required.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Ability to write at a highly skilled level, analyzing and summarizing complex issues using proper English sentence construction, punctuation and grammar of exceptional skill.
• Proficient skill in mathematics and statistics.
• Knowledge of principles and practices of public administration and municipal government, including budgeting, organizational development and municipal program, policy and operational evaluation.
• Knowledge of and skill in public administration research methods, techniques and methods of report presentation using principles of effective communication.
• Ability to read and comprehend a wide variety of research data, contracts, policies, proposals and claims.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Skill in Microsoft Office 365 applications; ability to create flowcharts in MS Visio is desirable.
• Knowledge of Lean Six Sigma methodologies in process improvement is desirable.
• Bachelor’s degree in Public or Business Administration or related field.
• Four (4) years of experience in a professional/administrative capacity; OR
• An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
• Experience in a municipal or government setting is preferred.
• Master’s degree in Public Administration is preferred.
ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS and WORKING CONDITIONS:
• Work is primarily performed in an indoor, office environment.