JOB TITLE: Marketing Coordinator
PRIMARY TEAM: Outreach Team
Supports the organization and Outreach team in developing and implementing marketing and communications programs to accomplish specific product, service, and advocacy objectives.
MAJOR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
Works with team leader to develop marketing plans and is responsible for implementation and evaluation of program effectiveness. Day-to-day responsibilities include:
• Promotional campaigns using in-house channels
• E-mail campaigns using Informz
• Content marketing; writing articles for newsletters and website
• Writing and overseeing design and publication of print promotional materials
• Prepare and make presentations and support events
• Creating on-line ad copy
• Develops content and strategy for social media campaigns
• Performs analysis and compiles reports for management showing results of outreach efforts
Works with other teams and outside partners to accomplish financial and programmatic goals.
Performs other job-related duties as required.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
Education and Experience:
Undergraduate Degree in Marketing, Business, Communications, Public Administration, Political Science, related field or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
A minimum of two to four years of marketing experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Demonstrated organizational, interpersonal, priority-setting, and problem-solving skills; high degree of initiative.
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment, managing and cultivating relationships with a variety of teams and partners.
• Knowledge of digital and traditional marketing methods, practices, and procedures. Skill in developing and implementing successful market plans.
• Knowledge of online marketing, e-commerce, and database marketing strategies and techniques, and ability to stay current with the latest marketing-related technology and online issues. Knowledge of search engine marketing.
• Ability to write effective, persuasive marketing copy for online, traditional printed formats, social media; content marketing, tailored to each audience’s needs and interests.
• Skill in establishing priorities, planning and scheduling work, and developing and coordinating projects.
• Knowledge of financial and budget management.
• Skill in collecting and analyzing marketing data and evaluating performance of marketing activities. Knowledge of mailing list selection approaches and processes.
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to connect with our members/partners in a way that inspires them to be more active and invested in the organization.
• Knowledge of and proficiency with Microsoft Office Word and Excel, social media channels and content marketing.
• Knowledge of using content management systems, and web-based email tools.
• High level of proficiency in analyzing marketing data
• Familiarity with database software, database marketing, HTML, and/or Internet marketing strategies preferred.
This job description should not be interpreted as all inclusive. It is intended to identify the major responsibilities and requirements of this job. The incumbent may be required to perform job-related responsibilities and tasks other than those stated in this description but which are commensurate with similar levels of responsibility.