This position requires highly technical personnel management work of a complex nature. Work includes responsibility
for participating and, if applicable, completing technical and complex clerical work assignments in a specialized area
of personnel management. The incumbent receives routine and special work projects, participates in difficult aspects of
the job, monitors completion of work, and trains employees in appropriate personnel management practices and
procedures. Work involves explaining personnel rules, regulations, benefits and procedures, requiring considerable
judgment based upon knowledge gained through experience. Employees in this position are expected to be able to
perform any and all work tasks and comply with any work schedules, attendance, or duty requirements which may be
established by City or department rules. Work is reviewed through conferences, analysis of reports and observations
of results achieved.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform some or all of the activities described below.
• Performing recruitment duties to include consulting with department/division to define a recruitment strategy.
• Identifying with the hiring authority, supplemental questions, minimum qualifications, etc.
• Preparing job announcement advertisements, internal and external job postings, applications for screening, evaluating qualifications for assigned positions and completing data input into Munis.
• Creating recruitment files once a hiring decision is made.
• Evaluating applicants, developing eligible lists, referral lists and generating tentative offer letters to selected candidates, and completing and closing recruitment files once offer is accepted.
• Communicating with applicants to obtain documentation to confirm degrees, diplomas, training, and certifications required for the position they have applied for.
• Managing the assigned requisitions, job postings, eligible lists, referral lists, offer letters and other notifications in Munis.
• Providing clear, effective communications with internal and external staff with information relating to the employment process.
• Demonstrating excellent interpersonal and customer service skills and is familiar with procedures, policies and practices to respond to customer inquiries.
• Providing back up for co-workers with answering phones, greeting applicants and providing
• Developing and maintaining organizational charts.
• Coordinating with and serving as a liaison between Management and applicable Labor organizations.
• Receiving and analyzing requests for position studies, reclassifications, class specification revisions, pay level changes, and/or other related information.
• Analyzing jobs utilizing PDQs and/or other prescribed methods.
• Collecting, reviewing, and analyzing salary data.
• Responding to salary survey data and requests.