Provides professional level management support to the Director of Economic Development, and/or their designees, through economic development, redevelopment, parking, neighborhoods and community engagement activities related to the planning, marketing and research work necessary for implementing the City's Strategic Plan, Economic Development Strategy, Downtown Strategic Parking Management Plan, urban renewal plans, and other relevant or overlapping plans. General responsibilities include coordinating with the Director and assisting with the implementation of projects and programs that support activities of the Department including but not limited to general economic development; business attraction and retention; education and workforce development, development of public facilities, including parking and other public infrastructure; grant tracking and management business development initiatives; and other economic development, urban renewal, redevelopment or capital improvement programs or projects.
As a City of Bozeman employee, you will be part of a team that is committed to impacting and serving the community. This great opportunity also provides enrollment in an established retirement system with significant employer contribution, generous vacation and sick time accruals, and excellent medical, dental and vision benefits!
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
• Bachelor’s degree in business, public administration, social sciences, or other related degree; and
• At least two years of increasingly responsible experience in economic development, business, marketing, banking, finance or community and economic development, or other closely related field; or
• Any combination of experience and training which provides the equivalent scope of knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform the work.
REQUIRED SPECIAL QUALIFICATIONS:
• Must possess a valid Driver’s License upon hire and obtain a Montana Class D Driver’s License within 60 days of employment;
• Offers for employment are conditional upon satisfactory response to appropriate post conditional offer process;
• May be required to sign a City Financial Disclosure form upon entry into employment and annually thereafter.