LA GRANGE PARK, IL (13,295) A charming, residential community located in the near west suburbs of Chicago is seeking an approachable problem solver with an engaging personality to join their dedicated leadership team. La Grange Park, a proud bedroom community, is a known for its excellent schools, highly accessible location, and stable political climate. La Grange Park employees work in a culture of care focused on supporting services that offer their residents a high quality of life, including revitalizing their four business districts and two TIFs. Located only 13 miles west of downtown Chicago and in close proximity to METRA train service, commuters working downtown have consistently found the community a highly desirable place to raise a family. The Village is a full-service organization that has Police, Fire, Building, Public Works, Finance, and Administration. The Assistant Village Manager reports to the Village Manager. The Assistant Village Manager is responsible for the human resources, risk management, community engagement, information technology/phones and importantly, the zoning/development functions for the Village.
Qualified individuals will be expected to have:
• A minimum of five years local government experience, preferably in community development or planning, including serving in a position in a community of comparable size, and complexity.
• A bachelor’s degree in public administration, planning, business administration, public policy or related field; a master's degree in public administration, or planning, or a related field is strongly preferred. An AICP designation is a plus.
• Considerable experience in collaborating with other staff to identify solutions to fiscal constraints, expertise and desire to pursue modern management concepts, human resources best practices, municipal technology, innovative strategies, and techniques.
• Practice as a pragmatic problem solver who will help identify solutions and manage processes to facilitate effective zoning and development, negotiate development challenges, attend to the Business Districts/TIF districts; fluency in tax increment financing is important.
• An open, friendly personality and communication style that fosters enthusiasm and creativity; an individual who is comfortable educating and informing elected and appointed officials, the community and employees; be one who can establish trust quickly with others.
• An experienced communicator who is well versed in community engagement and facilitation who commands well-developed interpersonal and oral/written communication skills.
The starting salary for this position is $105,000+/- depending on qualifications and experience. Residency is not required. Apply electronically at www.GovHRjobs.com with résumé, cover letter, and contact information for 5 professional references by November 13 to Kathleen Rush, or Rachel Skaggs, GovHR USA 630 Dundee Road Northbrook, IL 60062. Tel 847-380-3240.