The Management Analyst conducts organizational studies and evaluations, designs systems and procedures, conducts work simplification and measurement studies, and prepares operations and procedures manuals to assist management in operating more efficiently and effectively. Specific primary duties include:
• Gathers and organizes information on problems or procedures. Analyzes data gathered and develops solutions or alternative methods of proceeding. Analyze business or financial data. Advise on business or operational matters.
• Plan study of work problems and procedures, such as organizational change, communications, information flow, integrated production methods, inventory control, or cost analysis. Document findings of study and prepare recommendations for implementation of new systems, procedures, or organizational changes.
• Interview personnel and conduct on-site observation to ascertain unit functions, work performed, and methods, equipment, and personnel used. Confer with personnel concerned to ensure successful functioning of newly implemented systems or procedures.
• Review forms and reports and confer with management and users about format, distribution, and purpose, and to identify problems and improvements. Design, evaluate, recommend, and approve changes of forms and reports. Prepare manuals and train workers in use of new forms, reports, procedures or equipment, according to organizational policy.
• Develops and implements records management program for filing, protection, and retrieval of records, and assure compliance with program.
Minimum qualifications: Bachelor's degree in accounting, business, public administration, management science, industrial management or related field. Completion of an MBA or MPA is an asset. A minimum of two years of related financial, operations management, or analytical experience to include two years of project management experience. Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and city insurable driving record, must be able to obtain KS driver's license within six months of hire date.
Entry rate of pay: $20.87 - $23.47 per hour, DOQ.
The City of Topeka offers a comprehensive benefits package, including
• Health/Dental Insurance
• Kansas Public Employee Retirement System which manages approximately $20 billion in assets for KPERS members' benefits.
• Generous paid vacation leave and separate paid sick leave.
• Paid Life/Long Term Disability Insurance
• (457) Deferred Comp Savings Plan
• Short-Term Disability Insurance
• Free Onsite Health & Wellness Clinic
• Free in-house Wellness Center, a full service fitness facility
• Free Parking
• Employee Assistance Program.
The City of Topeka is an Equal Opportunity Employer.