The City Clerk is a full-time administrative position appointed by the Ketchum City Council. The City Clerk is responsible for planning and executing all functions prescribed by Idaho Code, the Ketchum Municipal Code, and the Ketchum City Council. Generally, the City Clerk is responsible for maintaining all official records of the City and managing the affairs of the City Council in conjunction with the City Treasurer. More specifically, the City Clerk is responsible for: (1) managing the public record request process; (2) managing the functioning of public meetings, including creation of all documentation (agendas, packets, minutes); (3) managing certain election responsibilities in conjunction with the County Clerk; and (4) managing all official documents of the City (resolutions, ordinances, contracts, etc.).
The position is a high-level administrative position that requires superior attention to detail and the highest level of professionalism. The City of Ketchum is continuing its transition to an electronic records repository so a commitment to going paperless is a must-have for the successful candidate.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Manages the public meeting process for the City Council and other City boards and commissions, including creation of meeting agendas, packets, and minutes.
• Manages the set-up and administration of meeting rooms and related information technology for public meetings.
• Maintains and distributes all official records of the City in both paper and electronic forms.
• Manages the public records request process with assistance from internal departments.
• Manages and maintains certain information technology resources related to the public meeting and records processes.
• Assists the Mayor, City Administrator, and City Treasurer with administration and organization of key City functions.
• Performs certain elections functions as prescribed by Idaho Code and Ketchum Municipal Code.
• Assists City Treasurer in management of City asset and risk management functions.
• Assists other staff in management and in-take of public comment and visitors.
• Manages City office supply and similar administrative functions
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• An undergraduate degree in library science, public administration, business, or closely related field or experience that would have provided similar knowledge, skills, and abilities.
• A minimum of 5-years of administrative office experience supporting high-level functions in a professional manner.
• Ability to read and interpret state and city codes and apply them to diverse and complex situations.
• Familiarity with office information technology systems and ability to learn and master specialized programs.
• Position requires superior attention to detail and organizational skills.
• Must deal effectively with people of diverse backgrounds and perspectives both in-person, on the phone, and in writing.
• Ability to express ideas orally, and in writing in a clear, concise manner, and to follow oral instructions.
• Position involves moderate lifting (up to 25 lbs.), pushing, climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, standing, reaching, walking, pulling, manual dexterity to operate office machines, grasping, talking, typing and hearing.
• Must be able to pass a criminal background check.
• Ability to act appropriately in stressful situations while dealing effectively and maintaining composure.
• Valid Idaho driver’s license.