Cheltenham Township’s Fiscal Director is retiring after 10 years in this pivotal role. Cheltenham has the challenges and benefits of a first-ring suburb of Philadelphia with our diverse, educated population, unique housing stock, growing commercial sectors, and extensive green space. The Township’s Fiscal Director administers an annual General Fund budget of $36.8 million and a Capital budget of $11.4 million. We require an experienced financial professional who possesses knowledge, skills, and vision to complement experienced management staff and a Board of Commissioners, all of which rely upon the fiscal savvy and wisdom of the talented, experienced individual who occupies this critical function.
Reporting directly to the Township Manager and indirectly to the Board, you are responsible for:
• Developing and implementing financial goals, including the township’s operating and capital budgets; directing and controlling the expenditures of the township and its departments;
• Overseeing debt and cash management, central accounting, pre- and post-auditing, internal auditing and payroll, along with relevant technology assets;
• Tracking and assisting with revenue collection, investment management, centralized purchasing and contracting;
• Participating as needed in public meetings; teaming with Township officials and employees, interacting with outside agencies/contractors, and the public.
• Bachelor’s Degree or greater from an accredited college or university in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration and at least seven (7) years of progressively responsible experience in public accounting, including local government experience and the supervision of professional staff.
• Experience in preparing Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR)
• Experience with Federal and State single audit requirements
• Extensive knowledge of the principles, methods, and practices of local government financial administration, accounting and GASB pronouncements
• Politically astute with a management style that fosters trust, loyalty and respect
• Excellent communicator, both orally and in writing, with an ability to make effective presentations.
Salary $100,000 to $130,000 depending on qualifications. Generous fringe benefit package.
The Township will be accepting applications until June 29, 2020. Questions concerning the position should be sent to the email address above.