FINANCIAL ANALYLST- ACCOUNTANT I/II
$80,099-$118,344 Annually (DOE)
**Plus additional 7% deferred compensation match**
Comprehensive Benefit Package
The Town of Yountville fosters an environment of personal growth and professional development. This is a great opportunity for an individual with a solid foundation of basic accounting knowledge and a forensic/analytical mind.
The Town of Yountville seeks a dynamic, enthusiastic and hard working individual with a passion for public service to provide professional level analytic accounting support to our Finance Department. Initiative, an investigative nature and critical thinking is a must in this position. Yountville has a lean organizational structure and our employees exhibit a “can do” attitude while taking a “hands on” approach to deliver a high level of services to our colleagues, residents, visitors and businesses.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides responsible professional and technical assistance in f the Town's financial, auditing, and accounting programs.
- Prepares and analyzes monthly financial statements and prepares journal entries and reconciles general ledger and subsidiary accounts.
- Monitors budget allocations to determine the Town's financial status and prepares custom reports, graphs and schedules as needed.
- Processes payroll and all required monthly, quarterly and annual State and Federal Tax Reports
- Assists in the coordination of audits and assists with preparation of financial and statistical reports including year-end reporting, budgetary, CAFR and other legal documents and management analysis.
- Assists in development of long term and short term financial forecast.
- Develops written recommendations; make presentations to Town Council, Boards and Commissions, higher level management, public and/or outside agencies.
Financial Analyst/Accountant I – One (1) year of progressively responsible public sector accounting experience.
Financial Analyst/Accountant II – Two (2) to three (3) years of experience performing increasingly responsible professional administrative, analytical and/or program management duties directly related to the area of assignment, preferably in a municipal government setting.
Education: quivalent to a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in accounting, or other field applicable to the responsibilities and requirements of the position. Possession of a Master’s degree in public or business administration is desirable.
To Apply: Visit www.townofyountville.com and click on Job Opportunies under Human Resources tab. Application deadline is November 1, 2019. Please submit your completed application, resume, cover letter, and professional references to Julie Baldia, Human Resource Manager, electronically at firstname.lastname@example.org or in person at 6550 Yount St, Yountville, CA 94599.