The City of Chandler is currently seeking qualified individuals to fill the full-time position of ASSISTANT TO THE CITY MANAGER. This position is designated as "unclassified" and will serve at the pleasure of the City Manager.
The primary function of an employee in this classification is to carry out the direction of the City Manager on a wide range of municipal projects. The position assists the City Manager in working with the City Manager's office and other departments towards the achievement of the City's objectives, performance management and innovation. This position will work to plan, organize and implement programs and projects on matters affecting assigned areas. The duties and assignments may vary considerably due to Council goals and objectives and resulting outcomes.
• Bachelor's Degree in Public Administration, Organizational Development, Business or related field; and
• Seven (7) years of public sector experience, working with executive-level staff in a local government; or
• Any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the knowledge and abilities necessary to perform the work.
• Experience in using technology and/or Geographic Information Systems or other tools to present data analytics; and
• Experience in the development and implementation of innovative initiatives.
The City of Chandler fingerprints all applicants selected for hire to evaluate the fitness of prospective employees. The examination process may vary if determined necessary.
The City of Chandler is committed to Equal Opportunity & Reasonable Accommodation.