Each year, ICMA recognizes leaders in performance management by awarding certificates that honor their initiatives in collecting, using, and sharing performance data. You may already qualify but not know it. Here are some steps that successful applicants have taken. Do you:
- Compare performance to prior years?
- Include performance data in the budget or other decision-making?
- Share data with local residents, particularly with graphics or narrative to help them understand it?
- Benchmark with other jurisdictions?
- Provide performance measurement training to your staff?
If, so, you have met some of the established criteria for Certificates in Performance Management at one of three levels—Achievement, Distinction, or Excellence (the highest level). Because performance management is one of the pillars of professionalism in local government, the certificates recognize exemplary programs that instill a culture of performance management, encourage comparative analysis and data-informed decision making, and reward transparency.
Applications for the 2018 certificates will be accepted through May 1, 2018, and recipients will be recognized at ICMA’s Annual Conference in Baltimore and on the ICMA website. Review the criteria and application and bring your staff the recognition in deserves. The application fee is $195 and can be paid using the Certificates in Performance Management Payment Voucher.
Questions? Contact Gerald Young at ICMA (email@example.com).