To mark the anniversary of the September 11 terrorist acts, we pulled several articles from our archives to share.
- This article from the PM archives was written by Ron Carlee, visiting assistant professor at Old Dominion University’s Strome College of Business in Norfolk, Va. He shared observations from first responders on the 10th anniversary of the attacks.
- More recently Carlee authored a Leading Edge Research report on Crisis Leadership.
- Beth Kellar, president, and CEO of the Center for State and Local Government Excellence, in this article written in 2011, discusses how partnerships have strengthened after the attacks.
- Going back to 2007, Leonard Matarese, director of the Center for Public Safety Management, co-authored this article on the how public safety management was affected by the 9/11 attacks.
- In 2015, ICMA shared best practices and resources for managing the threat of terrorism in our communities today.
- Have a listen to this podcast from Local Gov Life. American University Professor Patrick Malone reflects on the leadership lessons he learned first hand in the wake of 9/11 and how he sees them being applied on a daily basis on the local government level.