Are members of your organization prepared to do the right thing when ethical dilemmas happen?
With ICMA’s Ethics 101 self-paced online course, you can strengthen your jurisdiction’s ethical culture by making sure that your staff has a proper grounding in your organization’s values and can deal with ethics issues that arise on the job. Ethical conduct by all employees is essential for an organization to succeed and prosper.
Available as a single license. Or save up to 30 percent with multiple site licenses for staff training and orientation!
90-minute, self-paced online course
24/7 online access
Interactive lessons in workplace ethics & ethical decision making
Downloadable Certificate of Completion
Ethics 101 Course Information
Audience: Employees below department head level
Overview: This self-paced online program contains eight modules that can be accessed online from work or home. Upon completion of a final assessment; certificates of completion will be generated for participants with an assessment score of 70 percent or greater. Participants may retake the final assessment until a passing grade is achieved.
Upon completion your staff will:
- Review ethical decision making and how it applies to every employee
- Recognize the importance of following ethics policies at all times
- Discover how to examine their actions and decisions carefully and to look for ethical issues
- Recognize why it is critical to consult with their supervisor whenever they think they may have an ethical problem
Common areas of concern addressed in this course include:
- Gifts and special treatment
- Benefiting personally from city/county government contracts or transactions
- Resumes and the importance of telling the whole truth
- Travel expenses and accurate, honest reporting
- Privacy, personal information
- Visiting inappropriate websites
- Proper use of social media