The Development Services Director is a “Servant Leader,” by action and example who seeks to bring true collaboration who seeks to bring people together to foster a coordinated team to meet mutually developed goals and objectives and hold staff accountable for results. He/She will inspire staff to be professional, progressive, and an effective communicator.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Commitment to excellence.
• Knowledge of principles, practices, and procedures of supervision, organization, and administration.
• Ability to plan, implement and coordinate technical and administrative programs.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
• Thorough knowledge of comprehensive land use planning, building and development regulations
• Ability to effectively communicate and interact with other employees.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with residents, co-workers, and elected and appointed officials.
• Ability to maintain a flexible work schedule.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Graduation from accredited 4-year college or university with degree and major coursework in construction management, urban planning, geography, or public administration. Masters preferred.
• Six (6) years related experience and/or training.
• Six years (6) related of experience, including supervisory experience or equivalent combination of training and experience.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
• Must possess and maintain valid Florida operator’s driver’s license.
• Preferred: American Institute of Certified Planners (AICP).
SOFTWARE SKILLS REQUIRED
• Presentation/PowerPoint and Spreadsheet
• Accounting, Database, Human Resources Systems, Payroll Systems and Word Processing
• Permitting and Plan Review Software
• E Plans
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
In addition, the City provides an excellent and generous benefit package to the successful candidate, including:
• Medical and Life Insurance.
• Dental and vision plans.
• Generous Leave package.
• 401a contribution.
• Car allowance.
• City provided cell phone.