Study results show why Veterans are such a valuable talent pool
Organizations struggle with the cost of hiring new staff combined with high rates of employee turnover. What if there was a talent pool that you could tap into that was educated, well-trained, disciplined, and experienced? And the best part is, this talent pool has a demonstrated commitment public service.
These future public leaders are those who have served in the military. Veterans are a workforce that can help you to fill the ranks of your local government in a time when all organizations are struggling to find and maintain skilled and accomplished people. Join ICMA and the International Public Management Association for Human Resources (IPMA-HR) to learn more about a study conducted by Arizona State University with local government HR Directors and hear from PsychArmor and one of our local government talent managers on why Veterans are a great way to grow talent in your organization.
What We'll Cover:
- Veteran Hiring Preferences in Local Government, the analysis and the results (Arizona State University) in Partnership with the Alliance for Innovation)
- The use of innovative tools that inform, educate, and assist in opening a dialogue with employers and their Veteran staff to ensure the healthiest and happiest workplace (Psych Armor Institute)
- The practices used to hire veterans and tips and tools to build job descriptions to encourage veterans to apply.
- David Swindell, PhD, director & associate professor, Arizona State University | Center for Urban Innovation
- Ulrich Jensen, assistant professor, School of Public Affairs, Arizona State University
- Matthew Feldhaus, director, West Coast Operations for HeadStrong, PsychArmor consultant
- Demetrius Parker; Talent Manager, Jefferson County, CO
- Feb 03, 2021 - Feb 03, 2021
- 02:00 pm 03:00 pm ET
- Registration Deadline: 02/04/2021
- Online Webinar
- Member Price:Not available
- Non-Member:Not available