The Global City Teams Challenge (GCTC) is an ICMA partner initiative that focuses on helping communities get smart cities projects off the ground and then helping other cities adopt technologies that work. Here are a couple of upcoming events and resources:
- The Public WiFi SuperCluster will hold its first conference call on Thursday. Anyone who is interested in the Public WiFi is welcome to join at 2pm US Eastern Time, Thursday, December 1, 2016. The Call Number: +1-877-928-0863, Code: 1736096
- The Transportation SuperCluster is planning a GCTC Transportation SuperCluster Summit on Feb 1-2 in Portland, Oregon. The preliminary agenda and the registration link can be found here.
- Here is a digital summary of SuperCluster sessions at the kickoff event in Washington D.C. on October 25-26. The solutions listed in these preliminary data sets which include transportation, energy waste water, and healthcare, are the initial building blocks of the SuperCluster blueprints and implementation plans, which will be produced and shared by many cities and stakeholders.
- If you weren’t able to attend the kickoff meeting in October but are interested in being part of a new or existing action clusters that can participate in the GCTC Expo in summer 2017, contact Sokwoo Rhee, Ph.D., who is the program director.
- Here is a cool new toolkit from the National Telecommunications and Information Administration on Smart Cities Partnerships.