Advocating adoption and retention of the council-manager form and establishing professional management positions are mission priorities for ICMA. #GivingTuesday 2020 on December 1 is the perfect time to renew your commitment to advocating professionalism in local government management by making a donation to ICMA’s Future of Professional Management Fund.
Mounting grassroots campaigns to educate residents about the value of professional local government management costs money. ICMA’s Future of Professional Management Fund has been there for resident-based groups and others that request financial assistance in support of these efforts. ICMA also maintains a variety of resources, including our popular brochure and animated video promoting the council-manager form—both underwritten by ICMA’s Future of Professional Management Fund—to increase public awareness about the benefits of professional management.
Why You Should Give: ICMA’s Fund Dollars at Work!
Your Gift to the ICMA Future of Professional Management Fund Supports:
- Advocacy for professional local government management.
- Adoption and retention of the council-manager form of government.
- Raising public awareness about the profession.
- Inspiring a new generation of local government leaders.
In the past year, ICMA has also supported 15 communities with resources, statistics, editorial content, and funds. Here are two recent examples:
- Sacramento, CA: Successfully defended the council-manager form of government as proponents for the strong mayor system made their second attempt in six years to change the city charter.
- Ashland, OR and Beaverton, OR: Supported their efforts to successfully change their forms of government from a mayor-council to council-manager form.
How to Donate
How You Can Help Spread the Word
Help us spread the word! Together, we can make an even greater impact on the local government management profession. Visit our social media pages on Giving Tuesday and share posts with your colleagues and local government peers to encourage donations. Be sure to tag @ICMA!
- Facebook: @ICMAorg
- Twitter: @ICMA
- Instagram: @ICMAorg
- LinkedIn: International City/County Management Association
- Hashtags: #GivingTuesday #LocalGovGives
We’ve made it easy for you! Use the images, written copy, videos and more, straight from this page to your social media channels.
Here’s some copy you can use to help spread our mission and support our cause:
- Support the @ICMA Future of Professional Management Fund this #GivingTuesday to help advocate, support, raise public awareness for professional #localgov management as well as inspire a new generation of future leaders. #LocalGovGives
- Why do I give to the @ICMA Fund? Because [INSERT HOW ICMA HELPED YOU]. Help ICMA continue to do amazing things in 2021! #GivingTuesday #LocalGovGives
- Make your donation to the @ICMA Future of Professional Management Fund this #GivingTuesday to help us advocate professionalism in #localgov management! #LocalGovGives