Member Price: 128.00
Non-member Price: 168.00>
Due to the spread of COVID-19, safety is our number one concern. ICMA staff will be teleworking beginning March 16 until further notice. Our bookstore will not be closed, please send your order details to Orders@icma.org and a member of our staff will reach out to you for payment information. Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns. Thank you.
This print publication is NOT available online and must be ordered directly from ICMA. To order:
- Email: Orders@icma.org
- Telephone: 1-888-280-2370
- Regular Mail: ICMA Publications, Attn: Accounts Receivable, 777 North Capitol, NE, Ste. 500, Washington, DC 20002
Please note that all sales are final (no returns accepted unless the publication has been damaged in shipping)—no returns and no refunds.
Quantity Discounts: Purchases of 25 copies or more of a specific ICMA title are eligible for a 20% discount.
The Managing Fire and Emergency Services Self-Study Course is your key to mastering the concepts outlined in the textbook Managing Fire and Emergency Services. The course includes the textbook and a study guide written by renowned academics and practitioners. The course is flexible enough for anyone, from students to new supervisors to the most experienced fire chiefs and upper-level managers. The key current issues remain in the forefront as review questions, activities, and exercises reinforce critical concepts and encourage further thought. Unit tests and a final examination (with answers provided) enable you to assess your progress. The Managing Fire and Emergency Services Self-Study Course also provides you the best value by supplying the most information and applicable subject matter.
Training without the Travel!
The flexible format of the Self-Study course allows you to learn at your own pace. It’s the perfect tool for students or for in-service fire service personnel who are preparing for promotional exams or who want to brush up on their skills.
Other benefits of the course are:
- Review questions and exercises that help reinforce the main points and important details of each chapter
- Self-scored unit tests, a final exam, and a “retest” to help you evaluate what you’ve learned
- Answer keys with answers and page references for all exams to help you master any material that requires additional study
- Chapter essay questions for further thought.
Components: Self-Study Course (43638), includes Study Guide and textbook. Study Guide and textbook are also available separately: Study Guide only (43637), textbook only (43636). You save $10 by ordering the study guide and textbook in this set.
- Effective Crisis Communication (e-Document)
- Disaster Preparedness (e-Document)
- Managing Conflict in Combination Fire Departments (e-Document)
- Managing Fire and Emergency Services Study Guide
- Managing the Threat of Terrorism (e-Document)
- Police and Fire Personnel, Salaries, and Expenditures for 2010 (e-Document)
- Police and Fire Personnel, Salaries, and Expenditures for 2011 (e-Document)