It takes a lot of courage to manage a local government. Between elected officials, your staff, and your residents, deliverables and expectations need to be managed with a level of complexity that can intimidate many. Fortunately, ICMA has tons of resources on how to make the best decisions for your community- including the expertise of its members.
In this episode of Local Gov Life, we talk to some ICMA members who discuss resilience in the face of The Great Recession, offer advice on transparency with your elected officials, and share stories that remind us that we aren’t in this alone. If you’ve ever had to make a tough decision when it came to budgets and contracts, this is one episode you won’t want to miss. Give it a listen and check out some ICMA resources to help you navigate through the budgeting process without a scratch.
Listen wherever you get your podcasts, and don’t forget to subscribe!
- Jeff Stonehill, borough manager/director of utilities, Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
- Jonathan Lewis, county administrator, Sarasota County, Florida
- Kelly McAdoo, city manager, Hayward, California
- Dennis Enslinger, deputy city manager, Gaithersburg, Maryland
- Jorge Gonzalez, village manager, Bal Harbour, Florida
- A Budgeting Guide for Local Government, 3rd Edition
- A Budgeting Guide for Local Government 2018 3-Part Series
- The Evolution of Priority Based Budgeting
- 2019 State and Local Fiscal Facts
- Ebook: 19 on 2019 – Predictions on Local Government from 19 Experts
- Seven Things Holding You Back with Excel-Only Budgeting