• Are you seeking an incredible opportunity for growth where you can soar to new heights and blaze your own path using your engineering skills on a variety of projects?
• Are you ready for a position with autonomy where you play a pivotal role in a quickly growing organization and your talents are appreciated and valued?
• Do you long to join an organization that embraces work-life balance and allows department heads discretion in ensuring the town's work gets done while supporting employees?
• Does joining an organization where diverse perspectives are included excite you?
If so, the growing Town of Zebulon in desirable Wake County, NC, invites you to apply to be its first Town Engineer. Joining a community with a customer-oriented culture, the Town Engineer is responsible for developing and maintaining public infrastructure, including town streets, sidewalks, and stormwater systems. This position is for the professional who has a passion for public service and who thrives under leadership that embraces diverse perspectives and ideas and honors initiative and innovation.
Zebulon’s first Town Engineer has the unique opportunity to create a high standard of excellence for the Town’s engineering efforts and significantly impact the quality of life for Zebulon’s residents and visitors. The Town Engineer will work on projects from conception to completion and utilize their communication skills to educate, inform, and engage stakeholders throughout the project management process. The ideal candidate for this position is an engineering generalist with broad general engineering knowledge, and the ability to combine ideas from diverse engineering fields and convey them to a general audience. Exposure to transportation and stormwater projects is helpful.
About the Organization and Position:
The Town of Zebulon operates under a Council/Manager form of government. Zebulon’s proposed FY 23-24 budget of $22.3M supports 95 highly skilled staff across seven (7) departments. Zebulon is committed to enhancing the quality of life of its residents by delivering excellent, friendly services and fostering collaboration within the community.
Reporting to the Town Manager, the Town Engineer is responsible for planning and directing a variety of engineering projects town-wide, creating and enforcing stormwater regulations, reviewing development plans, and administering engineering contracts. The Town Engineer is the point of contact with State and local partners, including NCDOT. The ideal candidate is an impeccable decision-maker who makes thoughtful and strategic decisions.
A bachelor's degree in engineering with five years of progressive supervisory and/or project experience is required. An equivalent combination of experience and education will be considered. Experience with bidding capital projects in stormwater and transportation is preferred. Registration as a Professional Engineer in the State of NC is preferred, but the ability to obtain within a negotiated time frame is acceptable. Zebulon is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Salary and Benefits: The salary range for this position is $93,343 - $140,015. Starting salary is dependent upon qualifications and experience. Zebulon offers a competitive benefits package, including paid medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, a 5% contribution to 401k, state retirement, 12 paid holidays, and birthday time off.
To apply, please visit https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/developmentalassociates and click on the Town Engineer – Town of Zebulon, NC title. Please note the following:
• All applications must be submitted online via the Developmental Associates application portal (link above) – NOT the town’s employment application portal or any other external website.
• Resumes and cover letters must be uploaded with the application.
• Applicants should apply by November 18, 2023.
• The Town Manager will invite successful semi-finalists to participate in virtual interviews and skill evaluation on December 12th – 13th, 2023. Candidates are encouraged to reserve these dates for virtual meetings should they be invited to participate.
• Direct inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Developmental Associates, LLC manages the recruitment and selection process for this position. To learn more about our selection process, visit https://developmentalassociates.com/client-openings/, select “Client Openings," and scroll down to “Important Information for Applicants.”