City of Rolling Hills, CA
The City Manager provides overall organizational leadership and administration of City affairs including advising the City Council on policy matters and carrying out the policy directives of the City Council. The City Manager will ensure delivery of programs, services, projects, and will prepare the annual budget. The City Manager will build mutual trust and respect with the City Council, the staff and the community.
Duties of the City Manager include, but are not limited to:
• Maintain good relationships with residents, community groups, and outside agencies.
• Strategic planning.
• Manage multi-year goals such as continuous wildfire mitigation strategies including education and pursuit of grants.
• Broker and facilitate solutions to problems and issues.
• Plan and deliver capital improvement projects.
• Contract administration and negotiations.
• Oversee the enforcement of all City ordinances.
• Keep the City Council advised of financial conditions, program progress and present/future needs of the City.
• Assess and implement improvements to City processes to improve service to residents.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
The City is seeking a solutions-oriented teammate with a strong will and commitment to continuous improvement of the organization. The City Manager will be a collaborative and transparent leader advocating for the City’s interests. The City of Rolling Hills is looking for a leader that will actively listen, communicates effectively, and thinks strategically. The ideal candidate will be approachable and ready to roll up their sleeves to meet the challenges and opportunities.
Qualified candidates shall possess a Bachelor’s degree in public administration or related field, with a robust public works background. A Master’s degree in public or business administration is preferred. Candidates with sufficient experience in lieu of education will be considered and are encouraged to apply.
The annual salary for the City Manager is $170,000 - $215,000; placement within this range is dependent upon qualifications and experience. The City offers a flexible work week (9/75 work week) and an attractive benefits package (CALPERS Retirement, Medical/Dental/ Vision, Vacation Leave, Auto Allowance, etc.)