City of Park City, UT
The ideal candidate is a passionate and innovative leader devoted to creating a complex system of regulations, developments, and partnerships to increase the supply of community and affordable housing opportunities. The experienced Housing Director leads an internal team to develop and implement various affordable housing strategies, including development, financing, entitlement, construction, preservation, public-private partnerships, and grants. The Housing Director organizes and leads numerous strategic housing initiatives, negotiates and manages the regulatory tools to help Park City and its partners leverage housing market conditions, and builds the financial models to process and propel affordable community homeownership and rental projects.
EXAMPLES OF TYPICAL DUTIES:
• Manages the daily operations of affordable housing ownership, rental, and development programs in partnership with non-profit organizations and for-profit developers, ensuring compliance with local, state, and federal policies and regulations.
• Manages the strategic and fiscal aspects of community housing to ensure proper financing, regulations, and financing tools for housing transactions, grants, federal and state programs, and local offerings.
• Manages a team to create and deliver strategic goals, long-range master plans, planning policy issues, and other department functions. Provide direction, goals, and coaching to the team.
• Analyzes and provides technical assistance on new real estate development and re-development proposals concerning impacts on housing.
• Monitors State Legislative actions related to housing and provides policy recommendations.
• Manages the City’s Affordable Housing Resolution, Affordable Housing Needs Assessment, and Moderate Income Housing Plan to provide compliance and recommendations to City Council.
• Works to develop and implement a PCMC employee-specific housing policy and program.
• Partners with planning, building, and engineering departments regarding affordable housing needs, including zoning, new builds, permitting, and other concerns.
• Negotiates contracts, leases, and professional and technical agreements to support housing initiatives.
• Performs other duties as required or directed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Outstanding analytical and strategic thinker with proven practical and creative problem-solving skills.
• Advanced knowledge of housing development practices, management, land-use and city planning, design and construction, proposal solicitation, contracting, and affordability programs.
• Advanced knowledge in economics, financial analysis, and affordable housing budgeting and financing methods.
• Demonstrated experience with contracts and grants preparation and management.
• Experienced project management practices and permitting processes.
• Strong management skills through the employee lifecycle, especially leadership and mentoring.
• Experience with federal housing and community development programs, including CDBG, HOME, HOPWA, and ESG, and demonstrated achievements in affordable housing programs.
• Highly effective communication skills, especially in writing formal reports, presenting information clearly and concisely, and building customer and community relationships.
• Ability to obtain City NIMS certifications.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree in planning, public administration, housing administration, community development, or closely related field and a minimum of 6 years of experience in housing, community development, and/or planning.
• At least five years of progressive housing planning, finance, and/or development experience.
• At least five years’ supervisory experience across all years of job-related experience.
• Master’s degree in planning, public administration, housing administration, community development, or closely related field.
• At least 7-10 years of leadership experience, preferably in housing, community development, and/or planning.
• Demonstrated high-level experience in affordable housing design, development, financing, and construction.
• Extensive experience in property management, real estate development, and managing affordable housing development.
Park City Municipal offers a variety of benefits including:
• Health insurance with premiums ranging from $0-$200 monthly, depending on selected plan.
• Annual merit increases based on performance.
• Vacation accrual starting at 10 hours/month, increasing every 5 years of service.
• Paid Sick Leave of 140 hours per calendar year.
• Paid Family Sick Leave of 120 per calendar year.
• Pet Insurance.
• Retirement options through the Utah Retirement System.
• Tuition Reimbursement up to $10,000 annually.
• Housing allowance for employees who live in the Park City School District.
• Transportation and Recreation – Free access to community athletic center (PC MARC), discounted skiing, tennis, ice rink, and golf; free UTA Transit Pass/Vanpool.
• Training and Development Opportunities.