Reports to: Town Manager
Direct reports to this position: Information Technology Manager, Communications & Marketing Specialist, Special Events Manager, Economic Development Housing Specialist, Sustainability Specialist, and Information Center.
Pre-Hire Requirements: This position requires the successful passing of a pre-hire criminal background and motor vehicle check.
Job Summary: Under administrative direction, provides highly responsible and complex administrative assistance to the Town Manager and Town Council in coordinating and directing Town-wide departmental activities and operations; assists the Town Manager in executing the long-term vision and goals for the Town in collaboration with the Town Council and Department Heads; may manage Town departments and divisions as assigned by Town Manager; assists with internal and external communication, including serving as a liaison and with departments, officials, contractors, and community organizations; fosters cooperative working relationships among Town departments and various community and regulatory agencies. Oversees the Town’s sustainability programs, initiatives, planning, and goals. Coordinates activities, strategic plans, and operations in partnership with assigned department directors and staff as delegated by the Town Manager. Performs other job-related work as required.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Public Administration, Business, Management, Economic Development, Political Science, Real Estate Development, or related field.
• Master’s degree in Public Administration or related field preferred.
• Five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in management, including at least five (3) of executive management or director level. Municipal or public sector experience preferred.
• Valid state driver’s license or ability to obtain one.
• Prefers Basic PIO (G290) and JIS/JIC (G291) certifications
• Or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work: This is a fulltime, benefits eligible position. Normal days and hours of work are Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Will regularly attend Town Council (2nd and 4th Tuesday at 6 p.m.), and various committee meetings that typically occur during regular business hours.
First review of resumes on 12/09/2022
Hiring Range: Minimum $128,000 - $160,000 Annually, Maximum pay rate is $192,000