Application Deadline: Open Until Filled.
Reporting to the Human Resources Director, the Labor Relations Manager will serve as the lead labor negotiator for the City’s union contract negotiations and will help manage the overall labor relations strategies and program to ensure City priorities are met. Responsible for preparing for and developing negotiation strategies and proposals, negotiating contracts (within parameters), drafting collective bargaining agreement language, and collective bargaining agreement administration (of ratified and City approved agreements). Provides labor relations advisement reports and presentations on collective bargaining to the City Manager, Senior Leadership, and the Department Director. Works with executive staff, management and supervisory staff, representatives of employee organizations as well as consultants employed to perform specific tasks.
Reasonable Relocation Assistance will be available.
The hiring amount will be between $100,000 to $131,185.11 annually. Starting offer is based on applicable education, experience, and internal equity. This is a full-time, exempt, position which provides excellent benefits including 13 paid holidays, paid vacation and sick leave, health insurance options with employer contribution, employer-paid life insurance, City's retirement options, gym membership reimbursement, and continuing education/training opportunities.
- For a general summary of benefits offered by the City, please visit https://www.charlottesville.gov/1047/Employee-Benefits.
- The City of Charlottesville manages its own retirement system and does not participate in VRS; however, the City has a Portability Agreement with VRS and there are certain provisions that must be met. If questions pertaining to the Portability Agreement, please contact the City's Benefits Administrator at 434-970-3462.
To view a downloadable brochure about our Community, City Government, and the position, please go to: https://www.charlottesville.gov/DocumentCenter/View/8340/Charlottesvill…
- Associates Degree or two years of college in human resources, finance, business, or a related field.
- Four (4) years’ collective bargaining experience, actively participating in the strategy for and/or leading negotiations with more than one bargaining unit.
- An equivalent combination of training and experience (as approved by the department) may be used to meet the minimum qualifications of the classification.
- Certified Labor Relations Professional (CLRP) certification or ability to obtain within one (1) year from date of hire.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Virginia State Driver License and a driving record acceptable to the City and the City's insurance carrier, by employment start date.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug-screening and background check.
- Must maintain a level of physical and mental fitness necessary to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Must be attentive to job safety considerations and follows all required safety policies, procedures, and techniques.
TO APPLY: to view the complete job information and to apply, including a downloadable brochure about our Community, City Government, and the position, visit our employment website listed. Applications are only accepted online through the City of Charlottesville employment page. Please include with your online application a cover letter.
The City of Charlottesville is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Values Diversity at All Levels of its Workforce.