- Job Function: Economic Development Director
- Salary: $75,000 - $90,000. DOQ
- Position Type: Full Time
- Population: 26,000
- Website: http://www.grandview.org
- Form of Government: Council-Manager
HOW TO APPLY
Post Date: Feb 17 2020
Deadline: Feb 28 2020
Please send resume and cover letter to Deb Angell, 1200 Main Street, Grandview, Missouri 64030, or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Economic Development Director
The City of Grandview is searching for an innovative economic development professional—someone with initiative, a positive mindset, ability to build and sustain strong relationships, a skillful negotiator, and the determination to close a deal. This person will serve as the City’s next Economic Development Director.
The Economic Development Director reports to the City Administrator and will provide expert advice on all economic development matters in the City supporting ongoing efforts to promote the local and regional economy while building upon the quality of life enjoyed by residents.
The successful candidate will be capable of articulating a clear, compelling vision for economic development within the City as well as focus the efforts and resources of the City toward projects and initiatives that will ensure the continued economic vitality of the City. The new Economic Development Director will be an adept problem solver, and results-oriented professional, and someone who sincerely values teamwork, partnerships and authentic community engagement.
The Economic Development Director will develop, plan, execute and evaluate the goals, strategies, and policies for economic development to ensure a favorable climate for business and sustainable economic growth.
Some of the essential duties and responsibilities include:
• Directing all economic development, business attraction and expansion programs.
• Aggressively promoting the City to corporate real estate executives, site selectors, businesses, business owners, and other development professionals encouraging them to locate or expand in the City of Grandview.
• Developing short and long-term economic goals; gathering information, preparing studies, and making recommendations to achieve such goals.
• Developing, implementing, and updating the City’s Economic Development Strategic plan.
• Managing the development and implementation of city’s economic development goals, objectives, policies and procedures.
• Carrying-out initiatives for marketing and attraction of entrepreneurial development, and coordinates efforts with partner organizations to promote small and local business opportunities.
• Providing information and/or makes presentations to boards, commissions, civic groups, businesses, individuals and the general public on economic development issues, programs, services, and plans.
• Attending professional development workshops and conferences to keep abreast of trends and developments in the field of economic development and represents the interest of the City of Grandview on matters related to economic development.
Bachelor’s degree required, Minimum of five (5) years professional experience in marketing, advertising, economic development, or other related field. CEcD cerftification preferred.
Grandview’s heritage spans more than a century in southern Jackson County, Missouri, and is now a first-tier suburb of Kansas City, Missouri covering nearly 15 square miles. The community of just over 26,000 people features a vibrant and diverse population. Ideal access to I-435, I-49, and MO Highway 150 makes Grandview appealing to the business community. Since 2015, Grandview has seen a 25% increase in retailers and a steady increase in construction permits. Standard & Poor’s referred to Grandview as a “well-run city” in its report giving the City a AA- credit rating. A current project underway to convert I-49 frontage roads to two-way traffic, will open up over 4.5 miles along I-49 for new commercial, retain, and business use.