Learn how to build stronger university partnerships.
From revenue shortfalls to staff reductions, both universities and local governments face a host of unique challenges in these uncertain times. However, successful partnerships between these institutions have the potential to ease some of the burdens they face in a mutually beneficial arrangement. But how do you go about forming these partnerships, and how do you ensure both parties reap the benefits?
In this webinar, you'll join a panel of speakers from the public and educational sectors as they explore the key elements of effective partnerships between municipalities and universities, the pitfalls to avoid, and the opportunities these relationships can afford. They will cover:
- How to begin your outreach to a university, whether local or not
- Communicating and developing mutually supportive projects across different interests and timelines
- Understanding the ethical and other possible conflicts of interest of university researchers and teachers
- Moving from small trust-building activities to sustainable integrated commitments
ICMA Practice Areas:  Strategic Planning;  Policy Facilitation and Implementation;  Community and Resident Service
In recognition of the hard work and selfless service of the local government community during these uniquely challenging times, we are offering a discount on webinar registration rates. Enter the code PSAD2020 during checkout to get $50 off the price of this webinar
- Dec 08, 2020 - Dec 08, 2020
- 01:00 pm 02:30 pm ET
- Registration Deadline: 12/09/2020
- Member Price:$149.00