A program tailored for elected/appointed officials and city/county managers in Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and Connecticut.
Local governments are facing increasing challenges posed by the impacts of climate change on their communities. To ensure that elected and appointed officials are sufficiently knowledgeable about the implications of climate change upon the health, security and economic vitality of their communities, the Association of Climate Change Officers and the Southeast New England Network are conducting a live online educational series designed specifically for elected and appointed officials in state/local government, as well as for city/county managers.
Featured Faculty & Presenters
- Jennifer Roberts -- Former Mayor, City of Charlotte (North Carolina)
- Bill Finch -- Former Mayor, City of Bridgeport (Connecticut)
- Dick White -- Former Mayor & Councilmember, City of Durango (Colorado)
- David Herring -- Chief, NOAA Climate Program Office
- Daniel Kreeger -- Executive Director, Association of Climate Change Officers
- Lindene Patton -- Principal, Earth & Water Law Group
- Leah Bamberger -- Director of Sustainability, City of Providence (Rhode Island)
- Additional faculty to be announced shortly.
- Understanding Climate Change Impacts on Local Governments & New England Communities
- Examining the Health & Equity Implications
- Connecting the Dots: Interdependencies of Critical Infrastructure
- Implications for Productivity, Credit Ratings and Insurance
- Impacts upon Budget Management & Financial Decision-Making
- Governance, Human Resource and Workforce Needs
- Climate Policy & Authorities Post-Election
- New England States’ Climate Action
- Engaging Stakeholders & Building Public Will
- Case Studies of Local Implementation Efforts
- Innovative Financing Approaches
- Models for Regional Action Planning & Aggregation
All sessions will start at 8:30am (eastern) and conclude at 11:00 AM.
- Part 1: October 21, 2020
- Part 2: October 28, 2020
- Part 3: November 18, 2020
- Part 4: December 2, 2020
- Oct 21, 2020 - Dec 02, 2020
- 08:30 am 11:00 am ET
- Registration Deadline: 12/03/2020
- Member Price:Not available
- Non-Member:Not available