If you do not have a FEMA SID, complete this form before registering for this course: (cdp.dhs.gov/femasid/register)
How can you build capacity for economic recovery? It starts with a sound planning process to engage key stakeholders to assess your community’s strengths and vulnerabilities. Developing and updating a recovery plan helps a community mitigate risks and speed recovery after economic disruptions.
ICMA and the International Economic Development Council (IEDC) have developed a new training course in partnership with FEMA: “Planning for Economic Recovery.” Filled with examples of successful economic recovery strategies, this interactive webinar offers opportunities for small group discussions and peer learning.
Register now for the October 28, 1:00 – 5:00 p.m. virtual course. Among the many strategies covered in the free, 4-hour course are:
- Engaging small businesses in pre-disaster planning and preparedness.
- Utilizing financial tools and resources for mitigation and recovery.
- Updating your economic recovery plan.
Don’t delay as registration is limited to 30 participants. Upon registering, you will receive a participant guide and a pre-course assessment. A certificate and a takeaway with more case examples and current resources will be provided upon course completion.
The course is designed for high-level local government administrators and economic development professionals, including city and county managers; planning, public health, public works, and emergency managers; chamber of commerce executives; and leaders from economic development districts, regional planning organizations, redevelopment authorities, downtown organizations, and councils of governments.
Presentation Team for the October 28 Virtual Course:
- Elizabeth Kellar, Director of Public Policy and Disaster Recovery Programs, ICMA
- Dana Crater, Senior Associate, Economic Development, IEDC
- Mickie Valente, President, Valente Strategic Advisors
- Tom Wieczorek, Principal, Center for Public Safety Management, CPSM
The course materials can be downloaded at the bottom of this page.
Course Schedule (dates and times subject to change):
- May 20, 2021 - 1:00pm-5:00pm ET
- June 17, 2021 - 1:00pm-5:00pm ET
- July 15, 2021 - 1:00pm-5:00pm ET
- Sept. 23, 2021 - 1:00pm-5:00pm ET
- Oct. 3, 2021 - 12:15pm PT - Available on demand @ ICMA Conference
- Oct. 28, 2021 - 1:00pm-5:00pm ET (Register Here)
- Dec. 2, 2021 - 1:00pm-5:00pm ET
- Jan. 13, 2022 - 1:00pm-5:00pm ET
- March 2, 2022 - 1:00pm-5:00pm ET