The goals of the ICMA Sister Chapter Program are to:
- Develop partnerships between ICMA Student Chapters, both domestic and international.
- Create opportunities for the members of sister chapters to experience and explore other chapters' activities, programs, and events.
- Create an atmosphere in which chapters can exchange information on best practices in chapter leadership, event planning, networking, and career advancement.
- Stimulate environments through which chapters can creatively learn, work, and solve problems together.
- Collaborate with chapters that are working toward similar goals, such as increasing membership recruitment, developing stronger relationships with the surrounding community, or finding more opportunities to bring local government professions to chapter events.