Submit Your Photos by July 30!
If you’re enrolled in, or have recently graduated from, a program focusing on areas of public service, administration or policy, you already know that local government is kind of a big deal. That’s why ICMA’s Life, Well Run (LWR) campaign is bringing back ICMA's local government photo contest and inviting you to Show Us Your Story.
Submit your portfolio of 3-6 photos demonstrating how professional local government impacts your community in a positive way, and you can win reimbursement of your travel expenses plus a stipend to attend ICMA’s 104th Annual Conference in Baltimore, Maryland, September 23–26, 2018. Winning photographs will be displayed at the conference and will be viewed by local government CAOs and their staff, private-sector reps, and other ICMA Annual Conference attendees from around the world!
1st Place: Reimbursement of travel expenses to ICMA Annual Conference up to $1,000 + free conference registration and a $500 stipend*
2nd Place: Reimbursement of travel expenses to ICMA Annual Conference up to $750 + free conference registration and a $250 stipend*
3rd Place: Reimbursement of travel expenses to ICMA Annual Conference up to $500 + free conference registration and a $150 stipend*
*You must attend the ICMA Annual Conference to receive your stipend.
Who Can Enter:
This awesome opportunity is open to any graduate or undergraduate student currently enrolled, or having recently graduated from their university. Conference registration is free for ICMA Student Members and will be waived for current or recent graduate students who win the 2018 Student Photo Contest.
What We’re Looking For:
- Professional local government administrator or staff in action.
- A process or program that makes the community better.
- A community leader who helps promote efficient, effective, and ethical local government.
Your Submissions Should Also Include:
Photo Credit: Photos must include the name of the photographer, college/university affiliation and degree program, date of graduation (actual or expected), and the local government represented.
Caption: Photos must have a caption (maximum 200 words) describing these elements:
- Where and when the photo was taken.
- Who is depicted in the photo.
- What is depicted in the photo.
- How this demonstrates the positive impact of professional local government leadership.
The deadline for this contest is July 30, 2018.
Winners will be announced by August 10, 2018.
- High-resolution: Photos must be high-res (roughly 1024 pixels or 300 pixels per inch), at least 1 MB but no greater than 25MB.
- JPG, JPEG: Photos must be high quality JPG or JPEG files.
- Declare you own the copyright of the photograph and it’s your original work.
- Declare you have permission to use the image of any identifiable individual in the photograph.
- Declare ICMA is not responsible for the infringement of any third-party rights.
- Grant reproduction rights to ICMA for use in print or online materials (photographs will be credited where appropriate).