Is your community looking to expand its solar markets? Does your local government organization need help streamlining current solar programs, policies, and processes to benefit your local economy, citizens, and businesses?
Look no further, the next opportunity to host a SolSmart Advisor is here!
Who Can Be a Host Community?
This Host Community opportunity is open to all cities, counties, and municipalities that complete a SolSmart Intake Form as well as regional organizations such as Councils of Governments or Regional Planning Commissions.
Join Free Webinars to Learn More About the Host Community Process
The Solar Foundation will host two webinars to explain the application process at the following times:
- Thursday, December 15, at 2:00pm ET
- Wednesday, January 4, at 2:00pm ET
To find out more about the SolSmart Advisor application process and application criteria, visit here.
If you would like to schedule a consultation call, please contact James Schroll at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What Are the Important Dates?
With the 2016 SolSmart Advisors set for training and placement, the SolSmart program has opened its 2017 Host Community application period. While the Host Community Application Deadline is January 31, 2017, we encourage you to submit your applications well in advance of the deadline in the event any application issues arise.
What Are Benefits of Becoming a Host Community?
- SolSmart Advisors are experienced and highly-trained individuals who collaborate with your staff and elected officials to assist your community in addressing its solar goals.
- SolSmart Advisors provide a minimum of nearly 1000 hours of in-person, no-cost solar assistance.
- SolSmart Advisors help your city, county, or municipality receive national solar designation.