HOW ICMA HELPS YOU AS A PROFESSIONAL - HELPS YOUR COMMUNITY - HELPS YOUR PROFESSION
ICMA exists to serve professionals who work continuously to advance excellence in local governance and improve quality of life. Programs, resources, and services are provided that identify leading practices and address the needs of the nearly 40,000 city, county, and town governments and several million employees serving communities throughout the United States and around the world. ICMA also represent directors of state associations of local governments as well as academics, students, and strategic partners who share our interest in improving local governance.
ICMA supports local government professionals worldwide, the communities they serve, and the profession they value.
How ICMA Helps You as a Professional
By providing the member with resources and opportunities to grow as a professional thorughout their career.
ICMA Code of Ethics - A framework for professional conduct.
- ICMA Connect - This member-only community gives our members the opportunity to connect with each other regardless of location, share resources and ideas, and discuss items that are central to the effective management and advancement of our communities.
- Annual Conference & Regional Conferences- Members receive discounted registration as well as scholarship opportunities.
- Career Support & Resources
- Professional Development
How ICMA Helps Your Community
By providing the member with access to timely information that will benefit their community.
- Public Management (PM) magazine
- ICMA Code of Ethics
- Survey data and research
- ICMA Connect
How ICMA Helps Your Profession
By providing programs and resources to further develop the local government profession globally.
- Ethics advocacy and the enforcement of a professional Code of Ethics
- Global Reach
- Student Chapters
- Coaching and mentoring
Questions about membership? Call ICMA's Member Benefits & Services Team at 800-745-8780 / 202-962-3680 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.