HOW ICMA HELPS YOU AS A PROFESSIONAL - HELPS YOUR COMMUNITY - HELPS YOUR PROFESSION
ICMA supports 13,000+ local government professionals worldwide, the communities they serve, and the profession they value. As an ICMA member, you are part of a worldwide community of professionals who share a commitment to local government excellence and dedication to the highest standards of honesty and integrity, and who help make good communities great, giving us a place we’re proud to call home.
How ICMA Helps You as a Professional
- A framework for professional conduct through the ICMA Code of Ethics
- [New] Exclusive access to ICMA Connect - the official online networking community for members of ICMA. ICMA Connect was created to provide ICMA Members a secure global community where local government professionals can connect, collaborate, share ideas and expertise, and network around shared topics of interests and issues.
- Networking and knowledge sharing with peers across service, state, and national boundaries both online and in person at an unparalleled annual professional conference
- Personal support through the Members in Transition program and member partners' program
- Career support through job postings and resources available in the ICMA Job Center
- Outside counsel on professional challenges through access to the Senior Advisor program, in partnership with select state associations
- Access to local government-focused professional development resources on leadership/management and in a wide variety of technical areas through ICMA University and its webinars, workshops, and leadership development programs
- Connection with thought leadership through the [Member Exclusive] Leading Ideas Series, capturing the insights of prominent authors and innovative thinkers on leadership and management topics and how their creative ideas apply to local government managers
- Support for your continuing education and pursuit of lifelong learning through [Member Exclusive] internships and fellowships/scholarships
- Distinction for your qualifications, standards, and commitment to lifelong learning through ICMA's [Member Exclusive] Voluntary Credentialing Program (ICMA-CM)*
- Recognition of your achievements with awards programs that highlight extraordinary accomplishment as well as dedicated service to the profession.
- [New] Access to innovative discovery, learning, and networking through [Member Exclusive] badge discounts to the South by Southwest® (SXSW®) Conference & Festivals.
- Annual Conference: Join ICMA during the Annual Conference registration period; Details: Save 50% off your first year annual membership fee AND register for the Annual Conference
How ICMA Helps Your Community
- Access to a wide array of information and knowledge resources, including Public Management (PM) magazine, the Leadership Matters (member edition) e-newsletter, and premium access to our groups.
- A manager and staff who are required to perform in adherence to the ICMA Code of Ethics, which enables a community to demonstrate its commitment to high standards of professional local government management
- Leading ICMA survey data and research
- A platform for problem-solving and information sharing between and among local government communities worldwide.
How ICMA Helps Your Profession
- Ethics advocacy and the enforcement of a professional Code of Ethics
- Support of professionals in local government management across the country and around the globe.
- The Life, Well Run campaign, which promotes understanding of the value of professional local government management.
- Development of the next generation of local government management professionals.
Questions about membership? Call the Member & Customer Support Team at 800-745-8780 202-962-3680 (in Washington DC) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.