The Call for Volunteers to serve on ICMA Committees and Task Forces is open. The call provides members with an opportunity to make a valuable contribution to the profession.
All meetings of the groups will be virtual in 2021-22. Kick off meetings for committee meetings are most likely to begin in October 2021.
What Makes a Good Volunteer?
Anyone can be a volunteer—from senior executives to mid-career professionals to students—but good volunteers exemplify key characteristics that make them truly impactful.
- A subject matter expert?
- Enthusiastic, energetic, and eager to learn?
- Willing to share what you know?
- Ready to lend your time and fresh perspectives to help enhance ICMA?
- Faithful to your commitment to serve?
- Passionate about the profession?
What Are the Benefits of Volunteering?
There are many opportunities to volunteer for a variety of activities. As you decide where you want to share your most precious commodity—time—consider the following benefits.
As a volunteer, you can:
- Gain a feeling of satisfaction and sense of accomplishment.
- Demonstrate your commitment to ICMA’s mission.
- Share your expertise with fellow members of the ICMA community.
- Develop and strengthen your relationships within your professional community.
- Increase your knowledge and hone your skills through participation in a broad range of ICMA activities.
- Implement a skill set not applied in your current job position.
- Give back to a profession that has served you well.
Learn more about the 2021 volunteer initiatives and start looking for the right opportunity to make a difference today!
Questions? Contact Member & Customer Support at email@example.com.