ICMA believes that it is important to make the opportunity to volunteer available to provide members with a chance to make a valuable contribution to the profession. We recognize that because of the ongoing COVID-19 crisis, some members may not have the time to participate. Those who can participate are encouraged to volunteer. All meetings will be virtual in 2020-2021. Kick off meetings for committees and task forces are scheduled to begin between October 15 and November 1.
Anyone can volunteer to serve! Are you...
- A subject matter expert?
- Enthusiastic, energetic, and eager to learn?
- Willing to share what you know?
- Ready to lend your time and fresh perspectives to help enhance ICMA?
- Faithful to your commitment to serve?
- Passionate about the profession?
If you answer "yes" to the above, click on the volunteer link below!
The Benefits of Volunteering
There are many opportunities to volunteer for a variety of activities. As you decide where you want to share your most precious commodity – TIME – consider the following benefits.
As a volunteer, you will:
- Gain a feeling of satisfaction and sense of accomplishment.
- Demonstrate your commitment to ICMA’s mission.
- Share your expertise with fellow members of the ICMA community.
- Develop and strengthen your relationships within your professional community.
- Increase your knowledge and hone your skills through participation in a broad range of ICMA activities.
- Implement a skill set not applied in your current job position.
- Give back to a profession that has served you well.
Learn more about the 2020 volunteer initiatives and start looking for the right opportunity to make a difference today! Deadline to apply is July 3.
Questions? Contact Member & Customer Support at firstname.lastname@example.org.