The Department of Homeland Security urges applicants for its FY2020 preparedness grants to complete and submit their Standard Form 424 no later than April 8, 2020.
Preparedness Allocations for FY2020
$355 million for Emergency Management Performance Grant (EMPG) to enhance and sustain all-hazards emergency management capabilities.
$1 billion for Homeland Security Grant Program (HSGP) for states and urban areas to prevent, protect against, mitigate, respond to, and recover from acts of terrorism and other threats.
- Urban Area Security Initiative (UASI) provides $615 million to enhance regional preparedness and capabilities in 32 high-threat, high-density areas. States and urban areas are required to dedicate 25 percent of UASI funds to law enforcement terrorism prevention activities.
- Operation Stonegarden (OPSG) provides $90 million to enhance cooperation and coordination among local, tribal, territorial, state and federal law enforcement agencies to jointly enhance security along the United States land and water borders.
- Transit Security Grant Program (TSGP) provides $88 million to owners and operators of transit systems to protect critical surface transportation and the traveling public from acts of terrorism and to increase the resilience of transit infrastructure.
- Intercity Bus Security Grant Program (IBSGP) provides $2 million to owners and operators of intercity bus systems to protect surface transportation infrastructure and the traveling public from acts of terrorism and to increase the resilience of transit infrastructure.
- All preparedness Notices of Funding Opportunities can be found at www.grants.gov. Final submissions must be made through the Non-Disaster (ND) Grants system located at https://portal.fema.gov.