The Public Finance Network submitted a letter to the House Ways and Means Committee that emphasizes the importance of expanding the federal partnership to help meet the capital needs of the nation's communities, including:
- Relying on the municipal bond tax exemption.
- Restoring the ability of governments and qualified entities to advance refund tax-exempt municipal bonds.
- Restoring and expanding Build America Bonds and protecting them from sequestration.
- Increasing the bank-qualified borrowing limit for small issuers from $10 million to $30 million.
- Maintaining popular grant programs that support capital investment.