Individuals who work full-time for a local government, non-profit, or the private sector are not eligible for student membership.
ICMA student membership gives you access to the resources you need as you embark on your local government career.
For only $25 a year, student membership offers you:
- Access to local government professionals at different stages of their career to share experiences and help you land your first job.
- Over 5,000 online articles, case studies, reports, and sample local government documents.
- Job ads in the weekly Leadership Matters newsletter and on the JobCenter Web site.
- Public Management magazine online.
- Networking with your colleagues through the Who’s Who online membership directory.
- Access to the members-only online discussions on ICMA Connect.
- Plus a complimentary registration to ICMA’s Annual Conference.
ICMA offers a wide range of resources to full-time academics interested in local government at a discounted membership rate. They can also benefit from complimentary or discounted annual conference registration.
In appreciation for the critical role you play in developing the next generation of local government professionals, ICMA offers full-time academics a special membership rate of only $165 a year.
Join ICMA now and benefit from:
- Networking with your academic and local government management colleagues at ICMA events and through the Who’s Who online membership directory and management listserv
- A wealth of online resources with over 5,000 articles, case studies, reports, and sample local government documents in the Resource Center
- Public Management magazine online and in print, featuring articles on the latest local government issues and perspectives (a stand-alone subscription costs $46)
- The weekly Leadership Matters newsletter featuring the latest member news, local government job openings, association activities, and public policy and local government news.
- Resume service and job agents that automatically notify you of jobs matching your predefined search criteria by email in the online Job Center Web site at jobs.icma.org
- Discounts on select ICMA publications and training packages
- Plus a special low registration rate to ICMA’s Annual Conference.
Join ICMA Today
Help your students explore a career in local government with an ICMA student membership. For only $25 a year, you’ll give your students access to invaluable resources that can help them find their first job. Click here to learn more about student membership.
Start enjoying the benefits of membership today!
Request additional membership information
Questions about membership? Call the Member & Customer Support Team at 800-745-8780 202-962-3680 (in Washington DC) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.