The Centre Regional Planning Agency (CRPA) is an Agency of the Centre Region Council of Governments (COG) in the State College area of Centre County, PA. The Centre County Metropolitan Planning Organization (CCMPO) is housed in the CRPA and is responsible for County-wide transportation planning. Centre County has a population of approximately 158,000 people and is home to Penn State University’s main campus. The area is a beautiful combination of a dynamic university community surrounded by suburban and rural communities in the green mountains and farms of central Pennsylvania. The area has all the advantages of a university town including a wide variety of educational and cultural opportunities, Big Ten sports, and many outdoor adventures close by.
The CRPA is seeking a motivated and talented self-starter to join the team in the newly created Senior Planner Transportation Grants Specialist position. Qualifications the candidate should have include:
• Ability to research and a strong track record in successfully securing funding opportunities.
• Understanding of State and Federal transportation planning programs, as well as transit, highway, bicycle, and pedestrian planning principles and standards.
• A Bachelor’s degree in Urban/Regional/Transportation planning, engineering, or related field with a minimum of two (2) years public transportation and local government experience OR – An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the position.
• Knowledge of basic traffic engineering and design.
• Previous experience in collaborating with and presenting to stakeholders including elected officials, municipal staff, PennDOT personnel, and local stakeholders.
In addition to the education and experience requirements, the ideal candidate will have:
• Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Ability to build consensus in a variety of complex and sometime stressful situations.
• Commitment to improving safety in our communities.